Am on hold waiting for Customer service for 1 hour - PayPal made a mystery charge

Justitia1
Contributor
Contributor

There is a mystery charge by PayPal on my credit card that does not show up on  my PayPal account.  I have been on hold  an hour after going through their unhelpful phone tree.  And there is a mysterious "positive balance" on my PayPal account that has no explanation either.

I only call PayPal maybe 2 -3 times a year if that much... I have never had such ridiculous poor response..

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Randy

@Justitia1,

I'm so sorry to hear about this experience!  If you're still needing to dispute the transaction in question, I recommend contacting our customer service teams for further assistance.  You can click 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any of our pages to get a phone number to reach us at, or you can contact us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/askpaypal) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PayPal).  My apologies for the frustration that this overall experience has caused.  😞

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Justitia1
Contributor
Contributor

What a prompt response to being kept on hold for over an hour...it came only *5 days* later!?! - and by a moderator, no less ?.... Smiley Frustrated

BTW while still staying on hold on the first call, I decided to call in on a second phone and selecting a different category, suggesting fraud instead of unexplained charges....

Even with the prospect of fraud … I still waited another half hour on both calls - when finally - on the *second call* wrt fraud - a CS rep finally answered … we were on the call for about 20 min to sort it out....

And guess what! All during that time -- just to see what would happen on the original call -- I was till kept on hold on the first line - almost 2! hours... No one ever answered -- after 2 hrs, I hung up the first line.....

However, the CS rep who finally answered on the second line was truly excellent.

It was a very bizarre situation that PayPal never resolved - their attempt to issue a refund was rejected, hence the "positive" balance of a couple of hundred dollars on my PayPal account. And the mysterious charge? --PayPal used a different name for the seller on my credit card than it did on my PayPal account -- and it so happened that that was associated with the mysterious balance as well.

As complicated as all the convolutions of PayPal's unusual handling of different situations without explanation, the CS rep figured it all out really fast. She was so good that I asked to speak to her supervisor to acknowledge the excellent job she did, despite the ridiculous waiting time and two simultaneous calls to reach her.

Do the intolerably long waits of 1 hr+ for CS and the convolutions of charges signify a new direction of deterioration of PayPal services?  If so -- it is time to change the executive heads before PayPal's rep deteriorates too far.  Follow what Uber did but before things get so out-of-hand.

Hope this was a series of isolated incidents -- because I have trusted PayPal since it first started.

Login to Me Too

LoopyC87
Contributor
Contributor
On hold for 1 hour for the 3rd time in 2 days as still in still unable to use my bank account option as payment method it is just grey and won't let me select. Even though everything is apparently ok. Call centre is an absolute joke
Login to Me Too

Linda3333
New Community Member
Three times I have been switched to Resolution Center on hold for an hour and hung up. I need to discuss a problem. What can I do???
Login to Me Too

Amir998
New Community Member

Your phone service is terrible! I have been waiting on the phone to talk to someone for 30 mins and than they hanged up on me I called again and I have been waiting for 60 mins! you should be ashamed of your services

Login to Me Too

slipknot0575
New Community Member

this is crazy i took my card off paypal cause i was getting illegal transactions on my account with people from california and i took my card off paypal now when i had things resolved, i cant enter my bank mastercard paypal turns it down been a couple decade customer through ebay and paypal i heard ebay is dropping paypal no wonder i just lost a sale because of paypal ebay guy sold item i wanted , i went to dollar store purchased a gift card and paypal declined it too. this is dumb either get things right or go out of business, im really frustrated with paypal there really crooked i thought it was safe on paypal yea for them to rob you blind. charge you for anything they can think of    

Login to Me Too

Klockman
Contributor
Contributor

Money was taken out of my account by a fraudulent tech support company and the charge was disputed 2 months ago. PayPal put the money back. Now the scammers have taken the money out again (2 months later) and somehow was able to do it! I have spent HOURS on the phone with Paypal the past 2 days and get different stories each time. Now, I've been on hold for over an hour with a PayPal tech person who I'm pretty sure just put me on hold and left the call. I was polite and there is NO excuse for this kind of thing. I've used PayPal for years and I'm ready to close the account and be done with it. I've been ripped off and PayPal won't stand behind me. I thought that was what PayPal did...add an extra layer of protection against the bad guys. I've found out PayPal IS one of the bad guys! I'm so sick of this kind of thing.

Login to Me Too

OPMinvest
New Community Member
Today has been 2 hours and counting.
Login to Me Too

Katone
New Community Member
I don’t understand why you have to be on hold for soooooooooo long??!! They asked if I wanted a callback, but that was
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.