Allways Tech Co. Limited - Light Saber Scam

Mallea
Contributor
Contributor

I paid 29.99 for what was described as "FLASH SALE 50% OFF, FREE SHIPPING, - METAL STAR WARS LIGHT SABER BLUE ".  Well, 3 weeks later I receive a $5.00 plastic toy. Tried contacting the seller 3 times with not answer. Tried to submit a Paypal resolution online but kept getting error messaged. I finally called Paypal, 1 https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call. I was on hold for 47 minutes, talked to a rep, was transferred and waited another 20 minutes. It was worth the wait. However, I have to wit 20 days while Paypal deals with the seller before I can get a full refund. When I told the phone rep that there were 23 people on this community page complaining about the same thing he said he could see that. I also told him I trusted Paypal to do the right thing.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

SP57
New Community Member
Same problem ! False adverstising !
Login to Me Too

lvicentini
New Community Member

Same problem ! I want my money back.

Login to Me Too

TopherSpinnato
Contributor
Contributor

The description says METAL. This is made of super cheap plastic. The sound effects sound nothing like their video. It is not the same thing!! This is a Chinese scam artist. Here is a link to the real seller warning people about the scam artist shipping the cheap knock off plastic crap like I got. SCAM!!!!!!!!  This is a known scam. I will not pay $30 to send a $5 toy (marked for 3 year old) back to Asia.  image.png

Login to Me Too

TonyBfromMD
Contributor
Contributor
I have lost all respect for PayPal for allowing this to continue. Buyer protection with them is clearly a joke. I bought two of these and after almost 45 days of back and forth with PayPal they finally tell me to send them back with tracking info to get my refund. I can only imagine the costs there and I’m sure the Chinese postal service will lose or forget to scan and I’ll be out even more money. I’m so **bleep** at PayPal and will likely never use their services again. They aren’t the only game in town anymore.
Login to Me Too

RobertG3

I purchased this same item a "FLASH SALE 50% OFF, FREE SHIPPING, - METAL STAR WARS LIGHT SABER BLUE ", in the ad looked remarkable all metal and finely machined with authentic look and sound effects. After waiting (4) weeks received a small package from ALLWAY TECH CO LIMITED containing a CHEAP $.99 Cent store plastic piece of garbage toy, that I would not give to a 5 year old. Because it would break within 5 minutes. To add insult to injury it did not even include the batteries.

I contacted ALLWAY TECH CO LIMITED through PayPal and was told to return the item to China for a refund, checked with USPS the cheapest way to ship this item back to this THIEF Company that misrepresented their products and has done this FRAUD to virtually thousands of people, the cost to ship the item back to China was $13.54!

Why should I have to pay to return an item that is worth $.99 for $13.54? I have asked PayPal why they have not closed this fraudulent Vendor’s PayPal account but have gotten no answer. I refuse to pay to return this Piece Of Garbage Misrepresented item back to this fraudulent company, neither should anyone else!

Login to Me Too

gdx
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. The seller has replied:

!We’re sincerely sorry that our product can’t make you satisfied, you can return it to us if you want to. But please pay attention 1.Please make sure the item and packing is intact. If it can’t meet our requests, we may not refund. 2. And, we only accept DHL or UPS as deliver method. Our return address <removed> Bao'an District,Shenzhen,DUANGDONG,518000

- ALLWAY TECH CO., LIMITEDMonday, 13 August 2018 at 03:17:36"

By returning the item via DHL or UPS it will be very expensive and no guarantee that shipping cost will be reimbursed, What PayPal is doing here?

Login to Me Too

GuiBo
New Community Member

C'est une véritable arnaque. Les sabres sont de très mauvaise qualité du plastique bas de gamme.

Le vendeur est un voleur et Paypal me propose le remboursement si je renvoie en Chine.... les coûts pour renvoyer sont supérieurs au prix des ce mauvais jouet.

Une honte.

Fuyez ce vendeur. Je ne comprends pas comment Paypal continue à travailler avec

Login to Me Too

Rutgard
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue, and escalated it to a dispute via the resolution center.  PayPal's response in order to rcv a refund was to RETURN the item.

I considered the benefit of getting my $37 back by paying $70 to ship a $3 toy to china.  That took all of one second, and then I checked this forum and found several refund 'success stories' by customers who CALLED PayPal customer service. 

I was ready to close my paypal account BUT I just called a few minutes ago, gave them my story, and was told since I was a member in good standing, that I WOULD GET A REFUND!!!   They also told me the merchant, ALLWAYS Tech, was being 'dealt with'.    So for now I'm keeping my PayPal account open.

THANKS, PayPal Community!

Login to Me Too

Skydiver831
Contributor
Contributor

I called paypal after escalating my claim and being required to send the item back.  I got a full refund without having to spend $115 to ship it back DHL or UPS.  Thanks Paypal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.