All payments increased by 6%

ombolo
Contributor
Contributor

When I check my bank statement, all purchases with PayPal are 6% larger than the original purchase price. I didn't notice it before, but it amounts up to $20 more with bigger payments. In PayPal's activity, the sums are exactly as they should be. Could it be some kind of PayPal's fee? My PayPal balance is always zero and I use it just as a safer and easier way of paying with my credit card. I'm from Croatia but have a foreign currency account so there are no exchange charges.

What's the problem here?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @ombolo,

I'm sorry to hear that the amounts showing on your bank statement are higher than what you're paid through PayPal. Any fees that PayPal would charge would be clearly displayed in your transaction details. If there is a greater amount being charged, please check with your bank.

I hope this is able to be resolved for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ombolo
Contributor
Contributor
The issue was unfortunately, as I suspected, that PayPal was doing double currency conversions. I sent payments in USD, but PayPal for some reason converted them to my country's local currency HRK, and then again to USD. That's why there are larger amounts shown in my card statement. I don't know why PayPal does that, because I'm certain I never saw any options to choose currency during payments and my primary currency in PayPal account is USD to be sure. My card was probably mistakenly labelled because the country of origin. I have already contacted support and it is being resolved. Thank you and may this be a reminder to anyone paying from outside the US
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.