Alixpress refund by paypal

Pladin
Contributor
Contributor

So the seller never sent the product I made the dispute over alixpress the seller agreed to give my money back and now they ask for "my paypal account" in this way. ill copy the text next.

"do you have paypal account? 
If you do please send us so we can refund all the money."

so I got into paypal not long ago not really knowing what to send i found out that youcan just send a link so people send you money to that link, so i sent them that and the replay was:

"we need an acoount" 

I told them that the y can send the money via that link. and that is really the only way i´ve seen its possible o send money trought paypal

Am I doing something wrong? 

I kinda think they are trying to scam me.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pladin 

It would help if you said if you PAID via paypal in the first instance or not? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pladin
Contributor
Contributor
Nope. I paid with a bank card. But now they are asking via this way and then everything mentioned above happened.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pladin 

Then your paypal email address identifies your paypal account and they can use that to pay you OR your paypal.me link.

BUT i am suspicious if they do not want to use your link that they may be wanting to send the refund as a 'payment' for goods/services which they can dispute at a later date???

Do you have the friends/family option in your country? If so get them to send using that option so you don't get a fee or a dispute risk.

Failing that dispute it with your card issuer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pladin
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help I am sure they are trying to scam me I've read other posts about what you mention and everything happened as the other posters describe it. I'll wait a little more and send a couple if mails to AliExpress to see what they can do.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.