Aggressive Behaviour Dispute

OrangeKitten
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, On January I made a purchase for a 5.1 Speaker System that turned out to not include a receiver. I messaged the person for a refund and he blatantly refused and recommended me get a receiver. So I looked into it and over the months I learnt that these were HTiB speakers with 4 ohms. I did get a receiver eventually but the power cut every 30 minutes. I gradually did research and learnt that you can't even use HTiB speakers on modern receivers as they may overheat and damage the receiver due to the amount of required power. I started learning a lot about speakers and due to my frustration, I have decided to sell all my speakers and just stick with PC packages. Recently I put the speakers up after reviewing all the old messages and to my suprise I found that the original listing stated that the subwoofer was powered where in fact it was actually passive... the guy also said you can use them with any receiver which is probably true for HTiB receivers but not AVR ones. The thing is that he suggested a AVR and looking at the replies he gave me, they were all aggressive. I talked to eBay and they suggested I contact PayPal for a claim. I've made one and the guy was saying that powered subwoofers can also mean the ones with a single cable... even after I gave links. He has accused me of lying due to my older listing which had a positive review but I only decided to escalate recently becsuse I retested and found that the subwoofer does not output sound... Have you guys come across anything like this? I feel I got hit by a dishonest con artist. He raised a dispute and mentioned that he has lost $300 in sales due to "people like me" which makes me wonder because I have never had issues like this as a seller.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OrangeKitten

All you can do is raise a dispute for item received but not as described > if paypal finds in your favour then you may be requested to send the items back trackable to prove delivery before getting a refund BUT wait for paypal to tell you to do so first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OrangeKitten

All you can do is raise a dispute for item received but not as described > if paypal finds in your favour then you may be requested to send the items back trackable to prove delivery before getting a refund BUT wait for paypal to tell you to do so first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

OrangeKitten
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure why the guy is so angry. I am offering to return the item too and it hasn't been used really. The guy also already opened the box to take images and told me it's practically brand new... My original review was only a quick test because I noticed that my receiver would shut down due to overheating. That was what got me researching the issues. I only kept the speakers because I thought I might use the subwoofer at least which today I wanted to see if I could use passive and LFE subs both at once out of curiosity. After retesting today I found that the passive subwoofer was not working for some reason. I put the claim now and he has accused me of lying and he linked my old eBay listing... He says that there are no issues like my listing says. But I only found this issue today. He also accused me of not liking the bass, but I actually prefer low bass since I listen to music a lot and don't need explosions. Originally I thought this seller was only familiar with HTiB systems but from the way he is acting now. I think he planned all this. I don't want to steal his items, it's just that if the product doesn't actually work then it is wrong to sell it in the first place... plus I'm sure he did false advertisement on top of all this... I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Login to Me Too

OrangeKitten
Contributor
Contributor
"I do not wish to deal with this buyer. self powered can mean no extra power cables needed which there is not (this is not false advertising) he has tried relisting the item on ebay and even stated in teh ad it worked but was not powerful enough for him.Ebay item numbers relating to this item that he is trying to resell with out luck so he though he would try **bleep** me over 5 months later.eBay item number:263749082207 is for the speaker pack he is trying to resell which he states hes tested and works fine in the advertisement. Please do not let another buyer **bleep** me out of my money for no reason as per the last 3 times this has occurred on digital sales and i have lost over 300$ in sales and product." is what he said... I was only reselling because I thought they worked... I can't use them long term with my receiver because 4ohms will damage a 8ohms receiver so I tried selling them but now after today I know that the subwoofer doesn't work with my receiver and that the advertisement was incorrect. I can't sell a faulty product because it is not right and now this guy is trying to do some shady stuff...
Login to Me Too

OrangeKitten
Contributor
Contributor
It looks like I will be needing to return the item back to the seller. I offered them cash to compensate for shipping (person told me they will need to pay like $50 for my shipping) and they declined but it turns out I will pay for the shipping and it only costs $16. Thanks for your help as this is pretty much my first time with something like this.
Login to Me Too

OrangeKitten
Contributor
Contributor
It turns out that the guy made some errors. We both agree that we kinda slipped and are cool now. Just waiting for PayPal now. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.