Advice with eBay dispute claim.

dweller
New Community Member

I sold a used phone on eBay from UK to Europe via GSP. 

The buyer opened a claim for 'Item not as described' because they cannot use their network on the phone. This is understandable except that my auction clearly stated the sale of a network locked phone (O2). The buyer opened the claim remarking that they bought a 'Box sealed unlocked phone' -- it made me laugh because it was so obvious that were warping the information. After pointing this out in my response I have been left very dissapointed and angry that PayPal then granted the decision in the buyer's favour -- it was as if PayPal did not actually check the details - You then do not get any disclosure from PayPal about how they arrived at the decision. The speed at which the decision was made after my response makes me believe that the decision process is automated?

I spoke to a PayPal representative on the phone and they agreed with me having checked the evidence themselves - However they stated it may be too late to re-open the claim now because the seller was given the go-ahead to send the item back! It does not seem that any part of this process was regulated properly. 

What is most troubling now is that in the 'Claim Details' section, the decision was granted because 'the item was damaged'! - obviously contrasting with the Detail Claim made earlier that day that 'Item not as described'. Am I now expecting my phone to arrive broken? What happens now to the refund? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dweller

Once you receive the phone the buyer is refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.