Advice please

Spud5
Contributor
Contributor

I thought my money was safe with PayPal ????

I placed an order online with https://www.freestilye.com/  at the beginning of May and paid extra for express delivery 5-7 working days. After 2 weeks and not receiving my order I started to chase the company who just kept emailing me back , please wait 3-5 more days. This went on for several weeks , the tracking number not being recognised. So then in the middle of June I asked PayPal to intervene and see if they could help. By this time the company had blocked my email address and also me on Face Book. I messaged them via the PayPal link , which they ignored. Then last week I received a delivery , the envelope was 3" x 3" with the tracking number etc on it, but inside was a ring, if you could call it a ring - rusty metal circle about the size of a 5 pence piece.NOT the massage machine which I ordered and paid for. I reported this to PayPal who have now changed my dispute to incorrect goods received, which has now given the seller a further weeks to respond, they didn't respond to PayPal's the first time by the deadline date so why give them longer.

Why do PayPal's seem to side with these scam companies??

Can anyone advise me what steps I should take , as when reading a lot of the posts on this forum I can see that PayPal seem to side with the villains more often than with the honest buyer.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Shark5
New Community Member
Had exactly the same problem only i ordered an ice machine and got a rubbish ring!
Login to Me Too

beckythomas10
New Community Member

Exact same issue!! I disputed the charge with my credit card as I'm sure paypal cant do anything about it, nor is it in my records despite using a paypal receipt. 

Login to Me Too

poohbear20050
Contributor
Contributor

Good Luck getting any help from Paypal, I bought a 10ft trampoline and got 4 white mask mailed to me. I am still 1 month and 16 days waiting on my case that they will not respond to. It's as if they only care about helping the scammers not the victims. Paypal is very disappointing. There is no buyer protection from scammers it seems. 😞

Login to Me Too

Matildashadow
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same issue ... ordered the ice cream maker and got a rubbish ring... I had a similar issue with a steel kitchen organiser and got a plastic tray suitable for a dolls house & PayPal didn’t help me out at all
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.