Advice needed to get money back

ninetiesgirl22
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, hope someone can help! 

I recently disputed a payment on 12 Aug. I was trying to buy tickets for an event in Perth, Australia for a local event. The event was sold out so people were selling tickets on the official Facebook event page. I contacted 'George <removed>' who claimed to be selling tickets. He said they were available and asked me to send via PayPal and would then email me the tickets. I was given the email address for the alleged seller and sent the amount of $48.88 AU Dollar. I asked for the tickets to be emailed and I got no response so tried to email again and had been blocked by him on Facebook and his account was deleted. I have clearly been scammed. When I disputed it, I got the response that nothing could be done. I clicked that it was an unauthorised transaction but realise this is now wrong and it should have been haven't received goods or services.
The seller also asked me to do it as a friends & family transaction (clearly this is so I couldn't use buyer protection) Does anyone know if there is a way to sort this as I can't open another dispute and have also tried emailing PayPal and had no luck. I'm relatively new to PayPal so realise I have made errors. 

Thanks 🙂 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome tot he PayPal Community.

I'm afraid our buyer protection does not cover personal payments as this option should not be used for the purchase of goods.

-David R

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

You could also contact your card issuer to see if they have a process in place. 

-David R

Login to Me Too

ninetiesgirl22
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks David 🙂 Will contact my bank! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.