Advice needed, please. - Buyer opened a paypal dispute for an ebay sale with suspended account.

jc1985
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I don't sell on ebay often so this is something I've never come across that I'm seeking guidance on. I only sell a few items each year, just to make a little extra cash. I can't reach Paypal via phone (no representatives available) so I wanted to reach out to the community for advice.

Here's what happened:

-I sold a wallet accessory on ebay for around $45. Item was as described, packaged securely, and delivered to buyer 6 days ago by USPS.

-Got an email today stating buyer opened Paypal "Not as Described" dispute for the item. However, No dispute was filed on ebay.

-I go into Paypal Resolution Center to see the buyer's comments and they are as follows: "I want to return item for full refund. eBay has suspended my eBay account, with that said I am unable to return item using eBay. eBay advised me to return item using PayPal instead."

-I went on ebay to view the buyer's account and sure enough it does say "not a registered user".

-I called ebay to alert them to this, as there was no ebay dispute filed. The ebay representative I just got off the phone with about 30 minutes ago confirmed that ebay has deactivated the buyer's account due to "abuse of the ebay money back guarantee". The ebay rep explained that the buyer had submitted too many bogus refund claims. Told me since it wasn't through the ebay system, I'd need to work with Paypal on this, which is why I'm here now. I did ask eBay if they could send any type of email/written confirmation the buyer's account was deactivated for abuse, but they said they could not (which I expected).

Has anyone else ever run into this? What do you suggest I do? As I said, I don't sell often and my Paypal account is in the negative now as Paypal "held the funds" (which I already withdrew to my back account). Thanks in advance for any advice you have!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jc1985 

I would put in as much information as you can personally. State item was exactly as described in the ebay auction and give the auction number and you can also state the reason he could not make an ebay dispute anymore and that he is NARU on ebay now.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jc1985 

Paypal and ebay have 2 separate dispute policies as they are 2 separate companies.

So with item disputes for ''received but not as described'' paypal tend to make a judgement call and if and only if you lose the buyer would have to return the item back to you trackable to prove delivery first. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jc1985
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. How do you recommend I respond to the dispute? I want to choose the “I don’t agree with this dispute option” but not sure if I should enter what ebay told me in the comments then or what. The buyer did not mention what is allegedly not as described in their comment at all.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jc1985 

I would put in as much information as you can personally. State item was exactly as described in the ebay auction and give the auction number and you can also state the reason he could not make an ebay dispute anymore and that he is NARU on ebay now.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.