Advice/Help/Contact

Franco72
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I purchased an item (a DIY MIDI controller) from a seller in China, back in January. Early February it still hadn’t arrived. I opened a dispute and was contacted by the seller with an apology and the promise of sending my item. 3 weeks later a package arrived from China. Unfortunately, inside wasn’t the item I’d purchased, instead, there was a small cheap Bluetooth speaker. Upon inspection, the speaker appears to be second hand . I escalated the dispute and the seller offered me a discount of $10. This thing isn’t worth $2. More to the point, it’s not what I ordered. Paypal settled the dispute in my favour and I was instructed to return the item. Unfortunately the pandemic got a little closer during that time and I was forced to isolate for 14 days. Yesterday was my first day possible to make this return. Unfortunately I received an email from Paypal stating the return had expired and the case was now closed. I have tried numerous times to contact Paypal using the contact us/messaging service. The last attempt saw me write the initial message at 4:30pm yesterday - the agent responded at 8:34 am this morning when I was not at the screen and closed the query. It’s only -$30. But the prospect of no work for 3 months means I’m probably going to need that $30 more than ever. Can anyone recommend a possible avenue to a solution for this? I can’t reopen the dispute as it is closed. I understand the staff are very busy and these are difficult times. If they weren’t difficult times, I’d have just written the thing off as a bad experience (which is what the seller probably relies on) Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Franco72 

Did you ''fund'' your paypal payment via a credit card?

If so contact them for a chargeback? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Franco72
Contributor
Contributor

Cheers for the reply ,

Just checked. Unfortunatley it was paid for using my Paypal balance 😞 Gutted.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.