Adjudication reason

Shenoki
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm quite an experienced PayPal user but this is the first time I've become part of a dispute which I opened due to receiving a counterfeit product. PayPal have agreed that I'm entitled to a refund, the parcel has been sent back to the fraudulent seller, I made sure I sent the parcel tracked and that it had to be signed for on delivery. The seller has received the parcel and the dispute is currently on "We're waiting for the seller's response. We'll get back to you soon." However, I've noticed today that there is also an adjudication reason, which I've not seen before: 

Adjudication reason

The seller has sent you a full refund.

At risk of sounding silly, what does this exactly mean? PayPal haven't been in touch about any changes to the dispute.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Scottjg84
Contributor
Contributor
Hey did you ever find out what it means I've had the same situation Just now weirdly the sellers sent me a email saying they are sending a full refund to me it's obviously been after the case was opened don't know if it means they've responded to PayPal to say. They are sending a refund over ? I'll wait and see anyway
Login to Me Too

alexbilusic
New Community Member
Same here. The case is open and waiting for Paypal’s decision, while it says “adjudication reason: the seller has provided full refund to you” - no refund was provided, neither partial nor full. Waiting to see what happens next.
Login to Me Too

Shenoki
Contributor
Contributor
I ended up calling PayPal and speaking directly to an advisor, they were able to process the refund immediately and it went straight into my account. Might be worth doing the same.
Login to Me Too

True_blue87
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same issue. Issued a dispute after the seller sold my purchased items to someone else. The funds are pending in the sellers account and they tried issuing a refund but paypal has a hold on the account and the funds arent technically there. So i am stuck waiting to find out when ill get my 3k dollars back. This process doesn't make sense at all.
Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @True_blue87

Once you filed a dispute, PayPal will hold the funds on the Sellers Account until a decision will be granted. PayPal will also notify the seller realtime once case is filed and they will be provided options to respond with the claim. The very first option that we will provide to the seller is "Accept Liability with full refund". They just have to click that option and you will get your money right away. If they will not do anything on it, you may escalate this dispute into a claim so PayPal can take over and make the adjudication. Here's How to Escalate a Dispute into a Claim. Our Customer Service on the phone os limited. Please reach out as well to our Customer Service on Facebook and Twitter. You can send them a personal message to Facebook  or Twitter pages.
It's https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

• Hope this helps! 
Login to Me Too

True_blue87
Contributor
Contributor
That's what doesn't make sense, the money was put on hold due to the account being sort of new. Paypal was holding it in limbo until i out a review or the tracking number showed i recieved the package + a few days which of course neither happened. The seller has sent me screen recorded video of him going into the app and pressing refund and getting the inefficient funds error because the money is still in limbo. I filed the dispute and upgraded to a claim. Sent the seller a message explaining why i did it and the sooner he repsonded to paypal the sooner i could get my money and be done with it. From the screen shots he sent me its not giving him the option to just issue a refund, i escalated the claim 3 days ago and he showed where there is no option of refunding the money. It does show that his adjudication reason is "seller issued a full refund". If the transaction is supposed to be instant something went wrong because i haven't recieved notice or money.
Login to Me Too

moonoo123
Contributor
Contributor

This is what i heard, since i had a similar incident recently. The seller agrees to give a refund in your open claim, which they call the adjudication reason. This says that the seller agrees to provide a refund. Yet, for some reason, paypal cannot grab the refund from the seller. In many instances, the sellers bank account or card does not have enough money to provide a FULL refund. Paypal does not accept partial refunds, only the entire thing. This is what gets the awaiting for seller to respond. The seller would respond with something along the lines of Hi paypal i have enough money to refund the buyer, so take it out of my account now. If the seller does not respond in a certain amount of time, usually a week, then paypal refunds your money themselves. Then, they go to the sellers bank account or card, and reimburses themselves from the seller, regardless of funds. Then you get your refund. I hope this helps for anyone with a situation like mine. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.