Adding Information to a Dispute

Amrita_J
Contributor
Contributor

Around 15 days ago I issued a dispute for some shoes I bought on Grailed because the user was banned and I never thought the shoes would come. The seller then provided a shipping number, but it has said: "Origin Post is Preparing a Shipment" for 5 days now. I looked under the contents of the package and it said, "small packets". Something with the description would never be used to ship shoes. I have additional information I would like to add to the dispute but I don't know how to do it and the seller is unresponsive. What should I do to help get my money back?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Amrita_J

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

Here's How to add information in your dispute. 

Hope this helps! 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Disead

@WarrenPinkI'm sorry but this is not helpful information at all. What the OP is asking, and what so many of are looking for, is a way to submit unsolicited new information to a dispute or claim. The method you are suggesting only works if PayPal is requesting information.

How do we submit new information or evidence when PayPal does not ask us first? Say, for instance, if a buyer contacts us outside of PayPal via Gmail in an attempt to scam us while in the middle of a dispute and we would like to submit a screen capture of the email conversation? PayPal has no idea the email conversation exists, so therefore cannot ask for us to submit it through the Resolution Center. How do we submit this information for consideration?

For instance, I am specifically faced with this situation:

I used PayPal to make a purchase online. It turned out to be a scam because the seller never mailed me anything and never intended to. I opened a dispute to get a refund. The seller waited till the last day to respond and responded by providing a real USPS tracking number to some unknown address in my city; in other words, it was a real tracking number, but NOT to me. What the seller did not know is that I have a USPS account and can verify that I never had a package with that tracking number sent to my address. I took screenshots of my USPS account proving this.

Now here is the hard part. Since I initiated the case, I was allowed to make the first write-up. The seller responded by posting a bogus tracking number. I have my screenshots that easily prove the seller is running a scam. Yet there is no "Add more info here" function that I can find and I've been using PayPal for almost 20 years. How then do I share these screenshots with PayPal? PayPal doesn't know I have them; if they don't know I have them, they can't ask me for them. But they are important and could mean the difference between me getting a refund or not. So how would I submit this kind of new information for this case?

I hope that makes more sense and thanks in advance! 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Disead,

Thank you for your post. In a situation where information has not been requested by PayPal, there will not be a way to upload it. If you wish to add information to a case, you can contact customer service to discuss the information. If it is needed at that point in the process, a representative can assist with enabling the upload. To contact customer service, click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for options.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Disead

@PayPal_Olivia  thanks for the reply! It does and it doesn't... 😆 It would be AWFUL helpful if this was a function. I wouldn't doubt it if scammers count on the ability to shut down investigations once they submit bogus information once a case has been initiated.

Thank you though!

Login to Me Too

Disead

@PayPal_Olivia  I did find through Google that we might be able to send an email containing images supporting a claim to <removed> with the subject "File Uploaded Case# (CASE NUMBER)" with the following information:

PayPal email Address:

Related Case Number:

Upload submitted: (BRIEF DESCRIPTION)

Description of information provided

And that as long as it followed that EXACT format this might be a way to submit further information. Does this sound at all familiar?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Disead,

I'm sorry, email addresses are not permitted in the community.

I would recommend against originating an email with attachments to support without receiving instruction to do so. In most cases, further information is not needed for a case. Communicating with customer service will allow a representative to determine if the information can be added or not.

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.