Add "item not as described" to dispute?

VBMX
Contributor
Contributor

I bought what was supposed to be a table from a website that was being advertised on Facebook and only accepting PayPal. 

Weeks go by and no update on tracking. I try to contact the e-mail listed on PayPal and gmail says the gmail account doesn't exist or isn't accepting e-mails.

I file a dispute saying I cant get in touch with seller and never received tracking. Few days go by and they post tracking, says it will arrive in two days. Well, it did arrive, and it was a cheap pair of sunglasses. The very small package it came in says sunglasses right on it. This person is clearly scamming, and I am not sure what else to do from here. Can I open a new claim once this one is finished? Paypal will see tracking information and assume I received the product, but its not any item the website was selling. I also have proof of packaging, the item, and tracking information that proves it's the package they sent. Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You need to contact PP customer service via chat in message center. Get past the automated questions to a live agent and ask him/her to change dispute type to item substantially not as described.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You need to contact PP customer service via chat in message center. Get past the automated questions to a live agent and ask him/her to change dispute type to item substantially not as described.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.