Accountf hacked, payment sent and closed case

Hameth
Contributor
Contributor
Hello to everybody. Someone from Paypal or anyone in the community that could help me. In simple words: My account was hacked by someone who stole my password, sent money ($1,350) to another account. I realized 3 hours later, i openned a dispute and explained everything. A few hours later, a paypal employee determined that i was not getting my money back because the transaction looked because the transaction seems legitimate and is a normal movement in my account. which is not true, the only way to use paypal is through online payments on ebay. They say that it is part of my normal transactions but if they could check my account and my history well, I have never sent money to that person, what's more, I have never used paypal to send money to anyone, so I do not have previous transactions with this lady or with anyone because I have never sent money on paypal. that's why I need help to get my money back.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hameth 

Sadly if you had a saved password on your device that someone could access then you may well not be covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.