Account wrongfully blocked and money held

nixjake770
New Community Member
My account was automatically limited for no reason whatsoever and any attempt to resolve this issue has been ignored. I just was to withdraw my funds and close my account. If the debit cards that my 9 year old put onto this account are the issue then I'd like to remove them immediately and resolve this NOW
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nixjake770 

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Sadly you won't ever be able to remove any linked cards or bank accounts etc, Paypal limits the account to stop you removing anything from it.
They don't want you to be able to use anything linked to it to try and open another Paypal account against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Amrology
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Actually your answer doesn't help. I got blocked for simply asking to correct my last name. And I don't see how is that breaks the rules. If I did break a rule, I would like to know what was it, because it might be unintentional or by accident. Cheers,
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amrology 

If it was not your legal last name then you may have the issue in one.

Paypal will only correct a 2 character minor error OR legal reasons ie marriage but if you posted a false last name against paypals user agreement rules then that is not only breaking those rules but equally would cause an account limitation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Amrology
Contributor
Contributor

No bro, I uploaded my passport to fix my last name only, because the last name I have had, I don't have it anymore. Just as simple as that LOL. I don't see how is that illegal if I'm using an official governmental document i.e. a Passport.

Anyway I hope I can get some help to fix this problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.