Account withholding

jules92110
Contributor
Contributor
Hey everyone! I recently sold a product on the internet to another buyer using my paypal account. Unfortunately, the buyer didn’t receive the product (which i did send) so he made a complait to paypal. So now i can no longer use my account with about 500$ on it, which i cant use for 6 months (180 days). I called them to try to give my version of what happened and to make everything right but they won’t let me explain myself. So there’s now 500$ that i cannot use for 6 months WHICH I IMPERATIVELY NEED... Please help guys i really need this money which was taken from me unfairly!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jules92110 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.