Account under 18

Mason96
New Community Member

So I’ve had a PayPal ever since 2013. And I’m about to turn 18 three months and I use my PayPal for about everything and the reason I got it was so that I could sell on eBay. However when I try to login this morning he told me that my account was limited. I know why and I know all about the new policy that if you’re under 18 you can’t have a PayPal account. However I would like someone to explain why PayPal has decided to implement this now? I’ve had a PayPal under 18 for years and I’ve never had any backlash from it. I heard someone say it’s because of binding legal contracts when you make a purchase or something else and. So I’ve had a PayPal ever since 2013. And I’m about to turn 18 three months and I use my PayPal for about everything and the reason I got it was so that I could sell on eBay. However when I tried to login this morning he told me that my account was limited. I know why and I know all about the new policy that if you’re under 18 you can’t have a PayPal account. However I would like someone to explain why PayPal has decided to implement this now? I’ve had a PayPal under 18 for years and I’ve never had any backlash from it. I heard someone say it’s because of binding legal contracts when you make a purchase or something else and a minor might not be able to handle that. But for crying out loud PayPal deciding to make this change now is completely stupid.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mason96

Its because you have now been 'found out'.

You are lucky you were not found out sooner.

As you broke Paypal rules then you may not be able to open a Paypal account when you are 18.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.