Account termination - Without any reason

Bc474
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I have had a PayPal account for around 2 years now but it has sat idle with around £4/5 in it for the vast majority of this. A week ago i set up an Ebay account and started drop shipping. I was selling Xbox Live vouchers which i bought of g2a (a legitimate site, using money off my credit card) and i then sent them to customers who bought them off me. When i was doing this i got a bit unlucky as 2 people who bought them actually had their accounts hacked and were not the main users. They obviously requested refunds and i was happy to provide them. Out of the blue I see a message that my account was 'limited' due to unusual activity. I understood this as it was normal for them to be suspicious if i suddenly had different people paying into my account and 2 refund requests. Then (after i provided ALL of the details that paypla requested including screenshots of everything including messages which specifically stated the refunds were not my fault and that i was helpful) i got another message saying my account had broken T+Cs and to 'limit exposure' they would be shutting it down. WHAT? No word to what part, no human contact just an automated message. I tried to contact support but it was like banging my head against a brick wall.

Honestly im just very confused and a little worried that i could lose the £80ish that i now have in there. Any ideas what i can do as the customer service team seem dreadful, not just for me but for everyone. This si my last shot realistically.

Thanks for reading that wall of text-i can provide anything you need (additional info, screenshots ect)

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bc474 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bc474
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlassthank you, that's relieving about the money. Any clue what I could have done to violate the T+C's? I have genuinely given everything I have done. I don't particularly want to be banned from PayPal

Login to Me Too

they just did the same to me. The difference is i was doing freelancer jobs and paying thirds freelancers to do the jobs for me. Unfortunatelly i got one refund request as one of the clients wasnt satisfied with the programming work done. A refund was sent and 3 days laters Paypal just terminated my account. Tried calling, but there is no one to answer the phone, only automated voice messages which finally hang off the phone on me. My balance locked is 1.560 EUR and now i have to wait for 180 days to get them back, while. Now i have to start all over from zero because i dont have money to pay other thirds freelancers. Already sent them two emails about my freelance job, but they seems to care nothing about it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate post.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.