Account suspension

Steve396
New Community Member

I received this email today that my account is suspended.  I don't know my violation or how to correct it.  It speaks very permanently about the matter.  I have no awareness of what I could have done.

We've permanently limited your account

After a recent review of your account activity, we've determined you are in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. As a result, we've permanently limited your account.

Please remove all references to PayPal from your website(s) and/or auction(s). This includes not only removing PayPal as a payment option, but also the PayPal logo and PayPal shopping cart.

Per the User Agreement, when PayPal permanently limits an account due to an Acceptable Use Policy violation, any funds on your account are held for 180 days. After 180 days, if applicable, we'll contact you with information on how to withdraw any money in your PayPal account.

Should any chargebacks result in your account balance falling below zero, then you'll also need to settle the amount owed to PayPal to avoid further action.

You can find the complete PayPal Acceptable Use Policy by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

tosca_cosio
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Steve396 ! Sorry to hear that this has happened. Here is a link that you can use for additional information on account restriction or limitations. https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/additional-information-about-account-limitations-faq2382...

Hope this is helpful. Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.