Account suddenly limited

Rigelmom

My account suddenly became limited. I only use it to buy items for myself. PayPal wants a photo ID and purchase receipt for my supplier. What supplier? I don't sell anything.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

iczerjones
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  Email notification came in about 3.5 hours ago.  It also wants me to upload "original receipts from your supplier for the items you sell to your buyers" - but I don't have any buyers.  I'm not a merchant.  I have to imagine this is some kind of system glitch as there is no way I can satisfy this request.

Login to Me Too

Rigelmom

Same here! I also am not a merchant.

Login to Me Too

iczerjones
Contributor
Contributor

Found a message from another thread that seemed to be echoed by Paypal support folks.  We're supposed to write an explanation why we can't provide purchase receipts for the items we don't sell and upload that (in PDF form) to that 'resolve' dialogue. 

What a world.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Mikabun
Contributor
Contributor

Wait how do we do that? Type out something, screenshot and send that? There's no text boxes to type in...

Login to Me Too

iczerjones
Contributor
Contributor

Yep - I just fired up google docs, typed out why it is that I can't provide receipts for items I haven't purchased for the buyers I don't have, saved as PDF, and uploaded that.  That will have to suffice as there is nothing more I can provide.

Thankfully, I don't have any balance in my account.  If this doesn't pan out, I'll just pay off the credit and call it gg with Paypal.  Hoping that doesn't occur though as I do use it often.

Login to Me Too

Mikabun
Contributor
Contributor

What about photo ID? I don't have a drivers' liscence or passport or anything like that! This is so stupid! I need my paypal and they're holding it hostage and demanding what I don't even have!

Login to Me Too

etetra

Did they remove limitations after you uploaded PDF with explanation that you can't provide receipts coz you only buy? Or its still limited. Please let us know?

Login to Me Too

AsunaEclipse
Contributor
Contributor

yep i got an email when i got home from work about 3 hours ago i found out because i was trying to buy something on steam and it said my account was limited like tf.. i dont sell anything either only buy things like things in/for video games (steam, eb games etc), food or other things i may want to buy..

Login to Me Too

CB911
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same happened to me. They asked for me to provide reciepts from merchants, I am a infrequent seller on ebay of my own clothes etc not a business.

At first they asked for 7 pieces opf evidence and Thought ......well not going to be using paypal again if i have to do this as its just not possible.

Plus a photo id?  very strange.

Then today they are still asking for receipts and id.

I can not send or pay for things and i have some bills set up to reoccur. I am not well at the moment and recently disabled so this is just an extra hassel!

I hope this is a mistake. I have emailed but have not had a reply.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.