Account restriction - customer services not helpful

Maksun
Contributor
Contributor

A few years ago, a customer of mine wanted me to order stuff for him, and gave me his card details; which were added to my paypal wallet. About 3 yrs ago, I ceased working for this customer; and stopped using his card. Tried to remove it from my wallet; which I was unable to do - a number of times.

Recently, I tried to make a purchase, but a cheque in my account wasn`t clear. Paypal took it on themselves to try using other means; including this card of my ex-clients.

Paypal have asked for a bank statement of the account connected to this card, which is obviously not possible. I have explained the situation to them, but just had an email asking for a written statement from the account holder that we had and have permission to use the card ( we had - past tense - but I can`t contact the client) - AND a bank statement ( of someone else`s bank account?? I think not). 

I phoned to speak to them earlier - spent 45 mins on hold, for a nice cust. serv. adviser to transfer the email I sent, explaining the situation to the right dept.. But that hasn`t actually progressed the issue at all. What the hell do I do; short of closing the whole account, and starting again ( if it will even LET me do that.)

Thanks in advance all

Mart

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maksun

So you broke paypal rules by adding a card that you did not own to your personal paypal account.

Then you blame paypal for using your 'back up' linked card when your bank transfer failed for purchasing an item.

Then you query being asked to provide a bank statement for someone elses account when you were quite happy to use their card on your account against paypal rules.

I think that as you can't provide all the proof paypal require to check that you 'owned' or had 'total permission' to use that card you may well find your account permanently limited.   Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maksun
Contributor
Contributor

Perhaps that is accurate - thank you for your candour. 

Maybe just closing the account is the best solution.

Thank you for your assistance

M

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maksun

Unfortunately you can't close a limited account either, sorry.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.