Account restricted for no reason and I have no idea how to fix the issue

craftgalaxy
New Community Member

A few weeks ago I noticed that my paypal account was restricted for no apparent reason. I run a minecraft server and use the website to accept rank purchases but since the server's ownership was transferred to me recently I created a new paypal account a month ago alongside my personal account to receive those donations. We planned on advertising to get new members and more donations but I only ever received one donation worth around 6USD from someone in the UK. Immediately after I accepted the donation the account was permanently restricted for "violating the user guidelines", and there was nothing I could do to reverse the restriction, according to them. In addition my personal details cannot be used for making any other paypal account, meaning that my personal paypal account is now at risk. 

I went to the resolution center and there was nothing I could do to reverse the decision. I sent them an email asking for at least a reason for my account closure - they said that the decision was final and no other information was given. I called them, they told me to email the AUP center. I messaged the AUP center - no response. 

I am over 18 years old, I can provide documentation, I can provide any other details needed but I don't even know why my account was closed in the first place. What can I do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.