Account restricted! Need help

Sergeroyal
Contributor
Contributor
So I have a PayPal account that I created back in 2007 when I was living in UAE and I rarely used. I have relocated a year later back to my home country (Lebanon) where I stayed up until 3 months ago and then moved again and now I'm now residing in Denmark. Paypal asked me to verify my account earlier this year as I started to use the account more frequently. I started the verification process but couldn't verify my address since I moved from UAE a long time ago and can't obtain any proof of address there. I uploaded official documents showing my current location in Denmark but that was rejected. I tried to contact support and I was informed that this needs to be checked by the compliance team. Since then I am being ignored and my follow ups on the previous thread are not being answered and new messages are also not being answered and my money are stuck without any ability to withdraw them. Is there any advice on what I can do to escalate this issue and resolve my account restrictions? Thanks in advance for the help.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Farhana

@Sergeroyal 

I am sorry for the poor experience and I can definitely see how frustrating this could be.

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitations OR account-specific issues.

Click help/contact bottom left of PayPal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.

It's https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sergeroyal 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sergeroyal
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply. I am aware that it is country specific and I already have a active account in my new country (Denmark). The problem is that my UAE account is now restricted with money stuck in it and every message I send to the support team is now being ignored which is very weird for a company like PayPal. Seems they have a pretty bad standards and does not care about customers loyalty.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Farhana

@Sergeroyal 

I am sorry for the poor experience and I can definitely see how frustrating this could be.

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitations OR account-specific issues.

Click help/contact bottom left of PayPal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.

It's https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Login to Me Too

fabulouslydope
Contributor
Contributor
So for speaking my mind yesterday about the nonsense PayPal does with adding limitations on ones account constantly, PayPal has not only put limitations on my account but they have now restrict me from using their service not or they plan on giving me my money for using my first amendment rights and speaking my mind standing up for myself with this craziness. The constant limitations is ridiculous especially when it's the same thing that they asked me for before that they were asking for again. It's all good worse experience and I will never ever tell anyone to use their service. You want to keep my money PayPal go right ahead maybe you needed it more than I did. Good riddens.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.