Account "Permanently" Limited

Alistair_Star
Contributor
Contributor

My account was "permanently" limited, and I believe it is due to my mistake. I made a lot of money in the past few years through apps on my phone by doing things like playing games, watching videos/ads, and doing surveys, or get cash back from shopping, like groceries. And in the beginning of this year I made an Acorns account to invest my money. I first started out with investing $5 just to see how it would go. then a couple of months later (a couple days ago) I decided to invest all of the rest of my PayPal Balance to my acorns account. And I guess since it was a lot of money, the PayPal server or system or something detected it as suspicious activity, which is the mistake I believe I made. Then I got an email stating "After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we detected that this account was created using either fraudulent or stolen information. You’ll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal. If you have money in your PayPal balance, we’ll hold it for up to 180 days. After that period, we’ll email you with information on how to access your funds. We regret any inconvenience this may cause". I swear this account is created legitimately, with real information (and not stolen). I'm also fine with waiting for this long, this money is more of a, I guess, "side savings" for me. but the "permanently" part of "permanently limited" has me worried. As in, I'm worried I won't be able to do everything I could do before my account got limited. like invest for example. Will this "permanent" limit really be permanent after 180 days?. And if so, is there anything I can do to remove this limitation?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.