Account permenantly limited

raisyousaf14
New Community Member

I have some considerable amount of funds in my paypal account balance, to which paypal have limited my account. Apparently my mother's account was linked to mine because she sent considerable amount of payments, which is fine because I have her permission and she sends me whenever I ask. I uploaded Identification and so did she on her account, paypal refused the appeal and permanently limited the accounts. Now I have a balance which i need to withdraw but the customer support is lacking in help and not giving me a reason to why they even limited the accounts.

What can i do

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@raisyousaf14 

When your account is permanently limited, you're told you can withdraw after 180 days, this is to cover any disputes should they occur, PayPal will email you when you can withdraw. Below is the link to a list of restricted activities that can cause permanent limitations:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#restricted-activities

There are others that may not be listed but could fall in with some of the reasons on the list. But no one here knows because no one really knows how you behave with your account. If you linked someone else's financial info (bank account/card) to your PayPal account, if I understood your explanation regarding your mother's account correctly, that may do it. 

Contact customer service for assistance, if you feel there is a misunderstanding for the ban but realize that PayPal has a right to deny services and revoke their license for you to use it if that is their decision:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

If you are in the US, call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording. Keep calling until you can get a rep that can help you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.