Account permanently limited

Macauley1
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having problems with withdrawing my money. My account is limited because I can’t prove my name on the account because when I created the account a few years ago I used the business name to make it seem more professional when people are paying into it. Now PayPal are asking for photo id and address proof for my name and address because of exceeding the £2,500 limit. I can’t change the name now to my personal name because it won’t let me, so I can’t prove the name? What do I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Macauley1 wrote:
I have been having problems with withdrawing my money. My account is limited because I can’t prove my name on the account because when I created the account a few years ago I used the business name to make it seem more professional when people are paying into it. Now PayPal are asking for photo id and address proof for my name and address because of exceeding the £2,500 limit. I can’t change the name now to my personal name because it won’t let me, so I can’t prove the name? What do I do?

Hi @Macauley1,

If your account is limited, funds cannot be withdrawn. The one exception to this rule, is when funds are made available after 180 days from permanent limitation. If PayPal are still requesting documentation, this 6 month countdown would not have started yet.

If it is a personal account, it should not have been treated as a business. The full name, address and date of birth should be of the account holder and not of any commercial entity. If someone else's details were used to open the account, this would be considered fraud without their consent to do so.

Unfortunately, as falsification of information, especially where viewed as intentional, is a breach of the PayPal User Agreement, your limitation may not be appealed or lifted from your account. 

If your circumstances do not indicate intentional falsification, such as a business account which is in another partner's name, please contact PayPal Customer Service to explain such. Even if such, PayPal will need to speak with and collect documentation from the person who opened the account.

You can click here to retrieve their contact number. You must use the phone option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.