Account permanently limited for no reason!!!

JoyceBerry
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal account has been permanently limited. This morning I received 6000 from my husband as we transfer to my paypal every Tuesday. But once the money was sent, I got the message my account was limited. To resolve this I had to send 3 documents as well as explain what I did with my funds in the last week. I did all of this and logged back in tonight to see that I'm permanently banned. PayPal is the only way we receive an income during the COVID-19 pandemic as my husband is an online English Tutor. Now we can't buy food or get anything. How do I get the funds out now? It says it'll be released after 180 days and PayPal are impossible to contact due to this Virus! I am desperate for help right now.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoyceBerry 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jpcastel82
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @JoyceBerry 
Thanks for reaching the community for this concern. 

Sorry to hear that your account is limited. Since our phone lines are not
accessible at the moment due to the worldwide pandemic crisis, we have an
available chat support option that can help you on that problem. Just login on
your Paypal account, go to Message Center. Then choose the option for Chat. Our
friendly customer support teammates are willing to assist you.

This is our best available option for your inquiry. Hope this help. Stay safe
always.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.