Account management - how to fix an account improperly created by a minor

CTmoops
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone help me untie this knot...

My very impatient 14 yo son created an account...before you tell me he can't , he did.  I told him to wait so he and I could look at the process but he decided to go forth alone

He had money transferred to the account from TicTok (it's a social media platform that can be monetized but they only send to PayPal hence the creation of the account.

However as you know, he can't confirm the account as he is a minor and doesn't have the documentation being requested.

How can we validate this account...even if it is to attach it to my bank account a identity...

I know that student accounts no longer exist...

Thoughts?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

CTmoops
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @CTmoops,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear that your son created an account. It will not be possible to confirm the information on the account, even with a parent's documentation. If the account is already limited, that limitation will not be able to be resolved. The account will remain limited. Once your son reaches the age of majority, he can contact PayPal to confirm that he is permitted to open a new account.

The two of you together may wish to call customer service to inquire about any options there might be for disbursement of the funds that are currently on the account. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then log in or call as a guest.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.