Account locked with all money

niroee
Contributor
Contributor

My account was locked cause the account was made before i was 18, even though i am now 18 and i've been for a while. Is there a way for me to either unlock the account again or at least send the money to a different account? I've tried contacting support on multiple places with no success so i'm panicking a little bit.

I'm not too bothered about losing the account, but I really need to get access to my money.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@niroee 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18, unless customer services allow you to transfer the funds to a parents account?

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account.

OR they may allow you to open a new account and transfer the funds across for you. The latter option is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once but you should get one of those options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@niroee 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18, unless customer services allow you to transfer the funds to a parents account?

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account.

OR they may allow you to open a new account and transfer the funds across for you. The latter option is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once but you should get one of those options.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

niroee
Contributor
Contributor
Yes but like I said I am over the age of 18, and I was over the age of 18 when it was locked.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@niroee 

That doesn't make any difference, even if you were 30 by the time paypal discovered you opened it underage it would still be permanently locked when they found out as it would have been an illegally opened underage account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.