Account limited - proof of identity and address. HELP

n10065x_
New Community Member
My paypal account is limited until I can prove my identity and address (using files etc). I am under 18. I created the account because I sell things on depop. I made it thinking it would be ok as long as my mother monitored it. I thought it would be fine to just put my own details (with a fake birth date) as I couldn’t put in my mums details - because she already has her own paypal account with those details. So therefore, I put my name, email, bank details etc. Now, they are asking me to prove myself. I cant use my account or withdraw / send money until I’ve proven my address and identity. Which obviously I cannot do with my age- so i’ve tried to completely change all my personal info to my mums instead of mine. I’ve requested a name change, but she has her own paypal account with these details so I don’t know if I can even swap the details to hers. All I want to do is confirm what they’re asking me, so I can transfer the money in my account and just completely close my paypal account. Is there a way to transfer the money out of my account with my account limited? all i want to do is transfer the money out. I cant do that until I prove myself.. but that is so difficult as everyone i know over 18 has their own paypals with their own personal deets. Someone please help is there ANY way i can just get the money out without having to switch details? or if not - is there a way I swap over those details to an adults even IF they’re used on another account? HELP PLEASE
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@n10065x_ 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.