Account limited out of nowhere

Insa801
Contributor
Contributor
Never had have account limited. I uploaded passport but it asks for three more pieces of proof but when I click to Resolve it comes up as blank. Asked about a purchase and it ends with submit following: and then blank. Next one asks for proof of fulfilment and when I click it says sorry could not find any recent orders and to contact PayPal number that starts with +1. How can I fix this?
Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

originaltexan
Contributor
Contributor

They should update their homepage with basic communication about the situation.  I believe something else is going on.  Do they have the ability to edit the front page of Paypal?

zero twitter response

zero chat response

zero telephone response

Login to Me Too

lori39
Contributor
Contributor

exactly, they should at the least post a message to everyone so we know what is going on. geeez

Login to Me Too

Insa801
Contributor
Contributor
I personally tweeted and sent Twitter msg but they did not ask me any security questions so assume they did not do anything specifically for my account just told me the issue is known and they will fix it within 24-48 hrs. Mine got fixed in about 12 hrs
Login to Me Too

codymeek

I also waited on the phone for over an hour and a half to no response. As of now, my account has yet to be reinstated. This is completely ridiculous and a huge inconvenience. Paypal definitely owes us an explanation! 

Login to Me Too

Aubrey12
Contributor
Contributor
You ain’t lying
Login to Me Too

Suekay21
Contributor
Contributor

There was no link to the solution from your post. Do you remember what you did? Thanks I’m advance.

Login to Me Too

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

We did nothing, it is an automated fix taking place.   Some of us started getting the 'account restored' emails this morning.

Login to Me Too

montana_montana
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. As of 9:40 a.m. mountain time in the U.S., I have now received the email saying my account is restored. I never spoke to anyone at Paypal. So it is good to see they are slowly fixing the problem (automated). WHAT A STUPID ERROR on their part. They owe everyone a bigger apology or at least an account credit.

Login to Me Too

montana_montana
Contributor
Contributor

My account HAS been restored.

Login to Me Too

Aubrey12
Contributor
Contributor
It’s 12 central here and nothing
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.