Account limited - moved country - 2.5K on hold

klementina1
New Community Member

Hi.

I registered my PayPal Account when I lived in Belgium. I also have Belgian nationality and my bank is based in Belgium.

Recently I switched my main residence to be where my parents live in Macedonia, including to pay taxes here, because I travel all the time and it's difficult to deal with all incoming letters otherwise - cards arriving - bank letter, tax letters etc.

I just got about 2.5k of payments from 3 people on my PayPal Account which now PayPal has limited until I prove address. I'm unable to prove my current address as my account was registered in Belgium. And also Macedonia is not a PayPal country it seems so I cannot register account there.

Can you advise me what to do?

The only option I can think of is to refund the people that paid me. But then again some amount will be blocked and I will have no access to PayPal for the foreseeable future until I can register again in EU country.

I tried multiple times contacting PayPal without solution and it seems the agents cannot even consult me nor understand the issue. One agent said that if I prove I have residence in another country they will fully limit my account - but what about the 2.5K in it?

Thank you for the help!

Klementina

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.