Account limited for 2+ years. What do I do?

Nick196
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My account has been limited since 1st August 2018. When this occurred I went through the necessary procedures through the resolution centre to get my $1,084 AUD back that was being held by PayPal. Ever since then, I still receive the message "your information is being processed please wait 2-3 business days" or at least words to the extent of. I have never received a follow-up email or even a chance to resubmit info to un-limit my account.

I made my PayPal account a while ago when I was younger for a business that I never followed through with. However, I made the account as a personal account and had my name as "GoPro Accessories". Obviously I can't prove my identity because this is not my real name.

My question is, is there any way for me to get the money that is in my account seeing it has been over 2 years since my account was limited?

If so, how would I go about getting the money?

Obviously my situation is probably unique as I should've been smarter and not made it a personal account but I was young and didn't really know what I was doing.

All help is appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nick196 

Sadly the funds in that account do not belong to you, as it was a personal account then they belong to Mr or Mrs GoPro Accessories who have the documents to prove that it it their legal name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.