Account limited due to infringement report

james4747
New Community Member

Hello everyone,

PayPal has limited my account due to an infringement report they have received from a competitor. I have received a Cease & Desist letter from them, which my lawyer replied to and have never heard back from them again. However now my PayPal account is suddenly at risk, whilst I deny all claims of infringement (so does my lawyer and I haven't heard from them again so surely they know they haven't got a leg to stand on either).

I've sent PayPal all information and letters from my lawyer, but it feels like nobody is looking at it. I just get an email that the standard form that I had to fill in is rejected. PayPal now wants me to delete PayPal as a payment method from my website in order to lift the limitation on my account (so I can withdrawal my money and then never use it anymore I guess), while I do not violate any terms or infringe on anyones trademarks/IP.

Is there any way I can reach someone at a relevant department at PayPal to solve this?

Thanks all.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

soni8
Contributor
Contributor

Have you found any solution yet as I also got an email for trademark infringement and they are asking for unreasonable amount of 2000$ for a product which was never sold but listed in the past but not at the time of filling. They intentionally registered the Chinese logo for a product which was already selling in the market for a long time, so that they can sue others and make money out of it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.