Account limited due to funds being pulled from Cash Plus Balance erroneously—

rlyles
Contributor
Contributor

So I know the phone lines aren't available, which I guess is understandable, but Twitter + Facebook + Paypal messages all seem to be unresponsive/staffed by bots, as well, so I'm not sure where else to go, here. My account was "permanently limited" this morning; as far as I can tell, here's what happened:

1. I made an order using Paypal (pulling from my bank acct) Thursday AM

2. An eBay item I had listed sold Thursday PM; funds on hold til delivery

3. The item I ordered shipped Saturday evening (8:30pm)

4. The item I sold delivered Saturday; funds released 10:23pm; I transferred to my bank acct as always

5. This morning, the charge from the order made Thursday/shipped Saturday hit Paypal; Paypal used "Paypal Cash Plus Balance" which I have never heard of or used to pay for anything, instead of the linked bank account I chose to pay with (because there were no funds in my Paypal when I made the order).

6. At 5:07am, Paypal emailed me that my account had been "permanently limited"

I haven't done anything else I can think of that would lead to this (and of course I can't get in touch with anyone at the company to check); the order causing the issue is in the Resolution Center somehow saying "Unauthorized Access/Need Seller Response"—I called the seller and my bank, neither can find any issues, the item has been paid for and will be delivered tomorrow. I can't even pay the negative balance from the error to clear my account because of the Account Limitation—can't use existing cards/accounts, can't add cards/accounts. I have one pending dispute for an undelivered item, several orders in limbo now, I guess, and other things on draft from Paypal each month, and I can't find any answers other than "email everyone @ Paypal HQ," so I'm starting here.

Anybody with experience re: this? Or if this is where the "limited customer service representatives" are, hey guys, help me out here lol

Crazy days—thanks!

@Ecp

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.