Account limited due to Court Order

hammadashiq
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

I have a verified Middle East PayPal account since 8 years with over $150k transactions in a year, recently a US court ordered to limit the account until further notice.

There has been a copyrights case in a district court of US for one product only which was being sold through an online website, the product is worth around $500.00 and we hardly sold 3-4 units when the case was filed.

Our company has 100’s of products listed on different platforms for online sales, due to one product, our entire sale and international business transactions are stopped. Being in Middle East, we are not able to hire a lawyer to defend the case in US so we removed the product from the website which was being complained as a matter of cooperation and resolution from our end.

The court mentioned in the preliminary injunction order:

c. Substantial harm to others Third, the Court must consider whether a preliminary injunction would cause substantial harm to Defendants or others. Ford Motor Co., 22 F. App’x at 467. In view of the relief sought, there is a strong likelihood that Defendants will suffer financial harm because a preliminary injunction will require them to cease offering or selling certain product. However, the scope of the financial harm is limited, given that an order enjoining Defendants from using Plaintiffs’ trademarks or copyrights does not require them to cease all business operations”

However the above statement is very wrong as the court order has impacted our entire business directly, not just the product in complaint. So, my question is, is there any possible way that PayPal can help us in this regard? Or any solution to resolve this issue to get our account restored?

Any help will be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angiras
Contributor
Contributor

HI,

Were you able to find a solution>?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.