Account limited due for age?

crystalvr
New Community Member

I'm so confused. I like to buy stuff with my PayPal balance (I'm an active Depop seller) so with the new rules, I had to confirm my identity to use my PayPal balance. I sent all documents and PayPal sent me an email that my account is limited because I'm not 18 when I'm literally 20 years old. I also made the account last year before turning 19 so, technically, I was 18 when I made it. Is this something that has happened to any of you? Is it fixable? When I go to the Help Center, first thing that I see on recommended is "We can't continue offering you our services" and that decision cannot be "overturned". What? Only email I got about this is the age restriction which is, obviously, a mistake because, again, I'm 20 years old. I'm really concerned about this, how can I keep selling on Depop with this limit?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crystalvr 

You'll have to check with PayPal and see what's up if you opened your account when you were 18.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.