Account limited and no customer support

Pavel91
Contributor
Contributor

A limit was placed on my account and I am unable to resolve it. I uploaded proof of address and now I'm being told to go translate it and get it verified by a government official. I was told that PayPal does not require these documents to be translated. I've been trying to contact customer support, but they're always unavailable. I wrote them on Facebook as well and got automatic self-help answers as well. It's impossible to get in touch with anyone.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Temp20210213b
Contributor
Contributor
We have exactly the same problem for the last year. We filled in all of our documents multiple times & there is just zero response. Only automatic response and they cannot be reached by phone (via the Netherlands or Kenya). We cannot retrieve our 600 dollars at all. It's a business so our clients are suffering big time.
Login to Me Too

HenriJahonga
Contributor
Contributor

Our business account has been limited since end of March. 

We've provided all the documents that PayPal asked for but they are not looking into the case. In our account, they said they'll resolve the matter in 5 days. Now it's two months and our funds are stuck in the account.

Customer care is not reachable on Phone or the message center. We only get auto responses. Does anyone know how to really get in touch with PayPal customer care? 

We are located in Kenya, if this helps.

Login to Me Too

Pavel91
Contributor
Contributor

I resolved my issue by submitting different documents. For some reason, the second time around the bot did not need translation.

This is absolutely unacceptable customer service for an online banking platform...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.