Account limited and asking about stuff i sell

Gursha

I bought a game from Origin and it looks like i have 2 payment pending for it and the origin app displayed an error

Now my account is limited and asks me for stuff i sell? I sell nothing i only buy 

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Cwalton707
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me today. Tried to pay for something on Ebay and couldn't. I haven't sold anything in 15 years!
Login to Me Too

jpanzar02
How did you fix it though? It asked for a picture of the front of my id so I put that, asked for an explanation of 2 purchases, I explained that they were just credits from online surveys, and then it asks for receipts of purchases or from stuff I've sold. I don't sell anything on here, I didn't even know that was a thing! I just made a couple purchases on eBay so I put the receipts for those. I really don't understand what they're asking for or why. All I did was change my password and make a couple purchases!
Login to Me Too

zdev1
Contributor
Contributor

So what the heck are we supposed to do...?...I will absolutely not send a photo ID nor will I send receipts for things I don't and have never sold...!

Login to Me Too

FarzanaBegum
Contributor
Contributor
I only buy stuff and pay using my PayPal account. Orders have been cancelled. It says to show proof of business and what I sell. But I don’t sell anything
Login to Me Too

Cwalton707
Contributor
Contributor
Same. I think it's some kind of glitch. I did send a photo of my driver's license and a message via message center. Fingers crossed it will be resolved quickly.
Login to Me Too

NiekNLD
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, i just put some money on my account through iDeal because I had to transfer some to a friend. No issue or warning at all but when I wanted to transfer the money they suddenly demanded that I provide information (my ID and "Provide purchase receipt from your supplier").

Ok so first off Paypal shouldn't allow me to put money on my account when I have this limitation.

Second, I don't mind providing information but asking for "purchase receipt from your supplier". Like I never use Paypal and when I do it's to buy something or send some to a friend. I guess it has something to do with a refund I got from an ebay purchase last month. It literally says refund in the description and its a refund on the same account that paid for the item. So it should be obvious that I'm not selling stuff.

Login to Me Too

Cwalton707
Contributor
Contributor
The only thing different that's happened on my account is my daughter spent $7.99 on an online game Tue but we've done that before. Something weird is going on for sure.
Login to Me Too

REBBITS
Contributor
Contributor

Same. I Just tried to buy some shoes. I work in a shop where I can make easy returns so I often buy lots of things at once just to try on. Maybe PayPal algorithms recognise trainer purchases because they are hot property, so PayPal assumed I’m going to resell them or something? I just want to buy some sneakers for crying out loud. 

There are no obvious reasons given for these ridiculous limitations, so I’ve had to make an assumption and wonder how the hell I am going to reinstate my account functionality when I cannot provide the required information. No solution is offered, only further threats to limit my account.

I don’t have a purchase receipt from a supplier. I just wanted to buy stuff,

I have had my account for years without issue, have some respect PayPal.

Login to Me Too

pjo79
Contributor
Contributor

Same story happened to me today. I only own a single private paypal account and didn't I sell anything via paypal for years. All of the sudden, my account is limited after I tried to purchase a bike part for less than $100 from a known store.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.