Account limitations

Hall_tawni83
New Community Member
So I am on vacation in Chattanooga with my children. Before leaving, I changed out purses, leaving my debit card in my purse at home. So I sent my daughter an invoice requesting money. She logged in to her PayPal and paid the invoice with my debit card that I left at home. Thinking this would be a quick way to access my money. NOPE! They have my money on a 21 day hold. I have sent several messages and done everything they’ve asked to confirm my account. Now it says it will take up to 3 business days to review my submitted information before they can reduce my account limitations. So I’m stranded 5 hours from home with all my money on hold!!! Any advise would be great.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hall_tawni83 

Why did you send an invoice?

An invoice or money request is a goods/services payment and so paypal would see you as a new seller and apply the new seller hold.

You should have asked your daughter to use the send money > friends/family option and then you would have had the funds immediately.

If you mark the transaction as processed then your daughter may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If they confirm this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.