Account limitations

k2swartzmiller
Contributor
Contributor

So when I first created my account, i used a nick name i use to go by. I recently tried changing it to my real name, but when i tried, paypal locked my account and now i cant access any of my funds for 180 days. When i go to the resolution center, it just saying i am unable to use paypal. Does anyone else have a similar problem or have advice??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@k2swartzmiller

If you open a legal, financial account with a nickname then you are never going to be able change it to a real name as the name change option is only for 'legal' changes ie marriage OR minor typos.

So at some point you would have to verify that account and add a bank account etc in the name of that Paypal account, again you would not be able to do that.

You will never be able to 'verify' that i.d. on that Paypal account and its doubtful you will be able to access them after 180 days as the only person that can access them would be someone with that nickname as their real name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.