New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Chat with our moderator team Wednesdays between 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET) and Fridays between 4-5pm GMT. Learn more in Community Events
I'm having a really serious problem with Paypal, for about a month now they have put limitations on my account because i reached some limit from selling items on eBay. I've sent the documents they asked for but they won't accept my proof of identity. I don't have a passport or driver's license, only have my ID card...and now starts the funny part!
They have rejected my ID countless times and for different reasons by a different employ each time!!
- they wanted a document that was issued less than 10 years ago
- they wanted a document that must be in the last 12 meths (months i guess)
- the document was blurred and illegible
- they wanted the expiration date, even though i told them countless times that Greek IDs don't have expiration dates
- they couldn't find my date of birth on my card, even though it is clearly visible and i even told them in which line it is
- they only accept documents within 15 years of issuing date
- the scanned ID is blurred and illegible.
Their so called customer support is a joke, i've asked them if i go and issue a new ID card with a new date of issue if they will accept it at last but they don't answer me, they just tell me another reason why my ID isn't accepted!!
Please help me, what can i do? Thanks in advance..
I would copy ALL of that and try sending it to................
Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
No i didn't use social media either until a customer services agent on here years ago asked me to contact them via that venue as it was the best way.
So i opened an account within 5 minutes just for that purpose and got my query answered.
But if you don't wish to do so that is fine, all I can do is advise you on the best contact methods, if you don't want to use them then that is up to you.
I'm afraid you're out of luck and just got robbed. This is the PayPal middle finger.
Unless you go have a new ID issued you have like one in a millionth chance of getting your account reinstated but even then, they can just deny your ID and keep all your money.