cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account limitation

Highlighted
Contributor

Account limitation

I received email saying my account is limited due to “unusual changes.” I logged in to my account directly, don’t see anything suspicious, haven’t had any unusual activity. I did make a small donation just a few minutes before receiving that email, so maybe there is something wrong with the person's account who I sent the donation to? 
I don’t feel comfortable uploading the requested photo ID and address verification. 
i called customer service and hold time is 2-3 hours. Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Account limitation

Just had the same thing happen and no customer service is available. I don't have any invoices to attach to the request as I just sell my old clothes and things on ebay? I wrote a message and attached it as the invoice, saying I have no clue why this has happened. I didn't want to upload my ID either but I sent a bad photo of it. I just think they need to give me detail on why it has happened. As it says it could be 5 days before I can access my money! I always think paypal customer service is dreadful!
Highlighted
Contributor

That’s really awful. I was on the phone to Customer Service on hold for an hour and then got cut off! 

Highlighted
Contributor

Seems like they have less customer service due to COVID. will try again tomorrow morning as the direct chat is also closed now.
Highlighted
Contributor

This morning I received email saying that my account is restored. It said that they accepted the info I provided, but I didn’t provide any info! I'll go with this for now, but would sure like to get a better idea of what’s going on here. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Same for me.i got an email and now it is all fine. I also have a reply from customer service but it just said the account no longer have limitations. It didn't say what had happened?