Account limitation

Emmans
Contributor
Contributor

How are you guys.  Someone help me out with removing account limitation. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
11 REPLIES 11

Emmans
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information you provided.  I have followed the instructions but I don't have an access to provide any information about myself or my account.  

Login to Me Too

Anthony12memusi
Contributor
Contributor
My account has been limited I don’t know what to do
Login to Me Too

Ebanhargreaves
Contributor
Contributor

I want my money out my account , it's been in there for half a year now and I am very unhappy with how I have been treated as a customer and would like pay pal to stop messing me about and fix this problem , I sold a camera at the start of this year and when the money went through it got put on hold then as I finally was able to remove half the money out of my account it has been limited , I now have debt collection agency charging me for something I can't pay because the bill is a large sum of money as is the funds stuck in my account anyone with any information how to get money out of the account please do inform me as I have tried uploading a drivers licence but they did not believe it was me as I have had a sex change and name change and I am stuck in one loop of not being able to get my money , pay pal please fix this as I do not want the app any more and I am sick of trying to get my money out and being told the same thing phone or email , your sincerely E.<removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ebanhargreaves 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation OR account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sessohiyakowa
Contributor
Contributor
OK I HAD MY ACCOUNT LIMITED SINCE OCT.30TH, 2019 UNTIL THIS MORNING. I WAS GRATEFUL TO GAIN ACCESS AGAIN SINCE I NEEDED TO TRANSFER FUNDS FOR GAS, SHIPPING SUPPLIES & TO PAY MY LATE CAR PAYMENT & TO PRINT SHIPPING LABELS. AS SOON AS I TRIED TO TRANSFER SOME FUNDS MY ACCOUNT ONCE AGAIN BECAME LIMITED! NOW MY SHIPMENTS ARE CRUCIALLY LATE, MY SHIPPING SUPPLIES AGAIN UNABLE TO BUY, NO GAS TO GET TO POST OFFICE & NO CAR PAYMENT & NO SHIPPING FEE MONEYS OR EBAY FEE MONEYS! I IMMEDIATELY CALL ASKING OMG NOT THIS AGAIN? I WAS TOLD SAME AS LAST TIME 3-5 DAYS BUT IT TOOK THEM 1O DAYS! WELL IN TEN DAYS GAMES OVER! EBAY FEES WILLBE OVER DUE SO ACCOUNT WILL BE FROZEN! SHIIPING WILL BE SO LATE IT WILL EFECT MY RATING AND NO ITEMS RECIEVED WILL PROBABLY ENSUEAND CLOSE EVERYTHING DOWN! UNBELIEVABLE! ALSO HERE ISA COPY OF REASONS TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT LIMITATION! GUESS WHAT? NONE OF THESE REASONS APPLY TO ME AS OF NOW! PAYPAL NEGATES ACCESS TO MONEYS PAID SO I CAN FUNCTION AND EXECUTE MY TRANSACTIONS OF SALES THEN I WILL DROP IN SELLER RATINGS! PAYPALS ACCOUNT LIMITATIONS OF WEEKS ON END HAS BEEN MY EBAY SELLERS PAGE DEMISE! SAD BUT TRUE! THANK YOU FOR NEGATING MY ABILITY TO FUNCTION WITH LIMITED ACCESS FOR WEEKS ON END AND WITHOUT GOOD CAUSE...AS I DO NOT FALL INTO ANY OF THESE ACCOUNT LIMITATION CAUSES AS OF NOW. GOD BLESS. Why is my PayPal account limited? If your account is limited, we'll send you an email with the reason for that limitation. For your convenience, we always list the steps to remove the limitation in the Resolution Center under Steps to Remove Limitation. If you received an email stating that your account is limited but don't see any steps in the Resolution Center, you may have received a fake email. Forward it to spoof@paypal.com and we’ll investigate it for you. After you send us the email, delete it from your inbox. If you clicked on any links or downloaded any attachments within the suspicious email or website, log in to your account and view your transactions. It’s also a good idea to change your password. Reasons for Account Limitations Your account could be limited in order to comply with regulatory requirements. For example, requesting certain products, like a debit card, can trigger federal and state laws, and we may limit your account while we work together to satisfy those requirements. Likewise, if you’re not in compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy, you’ll find that your account has been limited. Selling banned items such as prescription drugs or guns is an example of a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. If we suspect someone could be using your account without your knowledge, we’ll limit it for your protection and look into the fraudulent activity. Usually, we ask you to complete one or more tasks to remove your account limitation. We’ll also limit your account if your debit or credit card issuer alerts us that someone has used your card without your permission. Similarly, if your bank lets us know that there have been unauthorized transfers between your PayPal account and your bank account, your PayPal account will be limited. Another reason why your account could be limited is seller performance indicating your account is high risk. For example, receiving an unusually high number of claims and chargebacks from your buyers is an indication of poor seller performance. If you start selling an entirely new type of product, such as a higher-cost item like jewelry, or if your typical sales volume increases rapidly, your account may be limited while we do a review.
Login to Me Too

JD4421
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal system is very slow with letting you have your money.   To me the 30 days makes sense in a number of cases as there is a lot of fraud with paypal so if they do not let the person take the money out they can get it back for you.  Of course, if you are doing normal business you get the bad side of that.   BUt the requirements also fail mine is locked up until I change the password which I have done like 3 times but the requirement never clears.   So cannot get to my funds even though I have waited over 30 days and done everything they asked for.    Paypal is a very low-value payment system easy to set up an account and easy to use other than you may have to wait months and spend hrs with support to get your funds out.   You have to be prepared for that if you use the system.   It really should be the system of last resort (which is why Fraudsters use it some much they do not have a lot of choices)

Login to Me Too

Ebiznet
New Community Member
Please how long does it take for PayPal to finish her review. One of the checkboxes shows completed the other is not. I was asked to provide ID and prove of delivery or so. I have provided this. I'm just curious to know how long the REVEIW will take. Then know how it will affect my business
Login to Me Too

Drench
New Community Member

I have had account limitations for the last 7 months, pay pal asked for a copy of my ID, Utility bill. I submitted all the info and got a notification that my ID has been reviewed however my credit card statement which shows my address is still under review. I have sent multiple emails however I keep getting generic responses and the phone number doesn't work at the moment! kindly assist on way forward

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.