Account limitation.

Richard232
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone tel me why I can't "resolve" my account's limitation?  Since I had the temerity to attempt to use my Paypal account to transfer some money to the UK from Oz, my account has been limited.  Yes, I understand that this might be to correctly identify me and to to prevent money laundering.  Apparently the account that I have held for 14 years could no longer be used for this purpose as I only had initials for my first and second names.  OK so I have changed my name to show my full names and my surname.  All should be well except it isn't.  When I now still go to "resolve" I am asked for my place of residence and a supporting document.  Each time I fill out this form and try to upload an electricity bill as supporting evidence, it fails to upload.  It seems that Paypal doesn't take any notice of my messages to this effect and I am going nowhere.  I can't even close my account as I have tried in disgust at this lousy treatment.  Paypal has served me well over the years but this episode is trying my patience to the extreme!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richard232 

So you opened a legal financial account without using your legal name and you are now blaming paypal for your problems?

I am actually surprised you managed to use the name change to change the name as normally they will only change a name for a 2 character error or for legal reasons ie marriage. So can you confirm your full legal name is on your paypal account?

If it isn't then any documents you supply have to show the name on that document matches the name on your paypal account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Richard232
Contributor
Contributor

I have to believe you are a Paypal stooge! Either that or just plain stupid!  No, I have never opened a bank account without my full name.  My bank has never used my full name since in any dealings with me, as is the same with my electricity supplier and my local shire rates office.  They always use initials for my first two names together with my surname.  They still do!  Similarly I would have originally used my full name with Paypal to open an account with them and they have merrily used my account to pay my bills and transfer money while they, Paypal, have blithely only used my name using initials for all correspondence.  It is only now that they haver got prissy and demanded that I change my name to my full name.  The only document in my possession that shows my full name and my geographical address is my driving licence.  All my correspondence goes to my PO box address as I don't have a mail delivery to my house.  Anyway this is all academic as I have somehow finally, after a week or two of frustration, got my Paypal account "unlimited" and working to my satisfaction. So you can now back to where ever you are and feel satisfied or not!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.