Account limitation

Gigistubs
Contributor
Contributor

I received the following notification from PayPal or at least it seems to be from PayPal: that I can no longer use PayPal services and that my account has been suspended due to misuse of the user agreement. And that they will be holding my money for 180 days and then at that time they will email further instructions on how to pick up my money. I don’t know about anyone else but I opened this account because I heard a lot of great things and after having the account for approx 45 days this happens and I know I did not misuse any of my user agreement. Besides I thought when things like these happen you get a detailed explanation and not some pre typed letter that is sent to everyone saying sorry Charlie.... I can’t reach anyone on the phone to try and get this resolved. Any ideas how I might resolve the problem quickly and or how to reach a live person At PayPal who can help me resolve things quickly with my account? I just seem to go round and round on the phone and get ultimately told PayPal didn’t have anyone at this time to help assist me with my problem. Any help would be appreciated to get me in the hands of a live person.... Your truly... frustrated

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

Dal7
Contributor
Contributor
My account has been locked since August 17. They are holding my money 180 days. I created a US PayPal and have used it for a long time to pay American stuff. But I don’t live in America. I’m French. My French PayPal wasn’t accepted on some website. So that’s why I have done that. And last month I sold 2 sneakers through a know website and when I wanted to transfer the funds from PayPal to another PayPal it was refused. I explain to them all that and they told me they would leave the account open for me in order to close the account and open an account from my country. So when si tried to do that, the locked it again and now I cannot withdraw the money TIL the 180 days are passed. They say it could be fraudulent but I gave them the 2 invoices from the sell. They don’t reply anymore just to say the decision is final. On Twitter soooo many people are waiting for their money and some people lost their money after those 180 days. Some lost 30k some 2k some less... That’s so much that I feel they do all that in purpose.
Login to Me Too

Peter-1969
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly what I have done!
I will now get charges from the back as the money of mine that is being held I had to pay from my personal account as it was a customers deposit!
I'll not rest on this!!

Login to Me Too

SéamasMac
Contributor
Contributor
Was this ever resolved? Did you get your money?
Login to Me Too

Shamim2
Contributor
Contributor

20 Days ago my account was Limited. i submit all documents. PP take 5 day's for review. But not only  5 day's  15 day's past but not get any Solution yet! How many day's need?

Login to Me Too

Peter-1969
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal where quick to limit my account, as soon as I had money go in they limited my account and froze my money instantly saying they will keep it for 180 days, making me go into my overdraft!!! now you can't get to speak to anyone to ask why! how can there be problems in 2 days of opening and only 1 transaction! Funny how they didn't stop the money going in!

I HAVE TOLD THE OMBUDSMAN! they are looking into it as you can not get anything except the same lying message on the robot phone service.

They even have the cheek to say I can still put money in but can't take it out! How can this be allowed.

ID 2LW9WUY8HYZ9C

Peter

Login to Me Too

Denzel00
Contributor
Contributor
Yea Peter I hear you I’ve had my account for a while but the same thing happened to me all of a sudden PayPal was saying that my account was being used suspiciously, I sent all the necessary info to prove it was me then I got an email few days later saying my account has been permanently banned and this all happened right after I decided to add my money to PayPal from my bank now I’m stuck and can’t withdraw the $200+ If anyone has a direct number I can use to call that would be very helpful seeing as I’m not the only one having this issue
Login to Me Too

Peter-1969
Contributor
Contributor

It's just disguised theft! 
I had to move £500 from my bank to cover the deposit paid into PayPal I am now in my overdraft and will get charges! how can activity be suspicious on a day old account that has had one invoiced payment sent to it!.

I'm not letting this go!

Peter

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526BW
Contributor
Contributor
How can I solve this I can't widraw my balance I really need it because it's very crisis here we need this money to buy food
Login to Me Too

Appleton1
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted my bank, and there is no longer a dispute against my account.  My bank stated that all Paypal has to do is go and get the funds. BUT, the account is still locked with a limitation.  What can I do.  

I have never experienced anything like this before.  I am considering closing my account.  Any advice.

Login to Me Too

arielariasii
Contributor
Contributor

Im closing my account soon as this is resolved and i get my money. Initially my limitation was for purchases and transfering funds....now i cant even sell. because my paypal will be rejected. damn it. I have been a loyal customer for more than 10 years and now this. what is wrong with them 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.