Account limitation

Gigistubs
Contributor
Contributor

I received the following notification from PayPal or at least it seems to be from PayPal: that I can no longer use PayPal services and that my account has been suspended due to misuse of the user agreement. And that they will be holding my money for 180 days and then at that time they will email further instructions on how to pick up my money. I don’t know about anyone else but I opened this account because I heard a lot of great things and after having the account for approx 45 days this happens and I know I did not misuse any of my user agreement. Besides I thought when things like these happen you get a detailed explanation and not some pre typed letter that is sent to everyone saying sorry Charlie.... I can’t reach anyone on the phone to try and get this resolved. Any ideas how I might resolve the problem quickly and or how to reach a live person At PayPal who can help me resolve things quickly with my account? I just seem to go round and round on the phone and get ultimately told PayPal didn’t have anyone at this time to help assist me with my problem. Any help would be appreciated to get me in the hands of a live person.... Your truly... frustrated

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gigistubs 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then not a lot you can do about it.

They don't give reasons, they just tell you that you broke their user agreement or acceptable use policy.

Not a lot of point in knowing why to be honest if you can't do anything about it.

Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gigistubs 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then not a lot you can do about it.

They don't give reasons, they just tell you that you broke their user agreement or acceptable use policy.

Not a lot of point in knowing why to be honest if you can't do anything about it.

Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mick72
Contributor
Contributor

So in the meantime until the phone lines open which could be months we cant use paypal. Ive been trying to resolve this issue for just over 4 months now with no end in sight.

Login to Me Too

Odessacan27

four months????? So i cant withdraw my money for four months????

Login to Me Too

Meka24
I’ve had this issues for 4 years now and no response, no email to solve it, just nothing. It’s really frustrating because my account was used in the correct manner and I see no reason as to why it was limited. My transactions were honest and straightforward. I bought items and received money.
Login to Me Too

EricB2020
Contributor
Contributor

I created a Business account for my planned online selling. Just a month ago, I have received a notification from Paypal that I need to provided identification. I have been using Paypal for almost 2 years on the said account and while having the said notification, I was still enjoying receiving and withdrawing funds. But just this month, I was told that I have to provide verification on my Business account and have answered and emailed the said requirements. Due the present situation, I have asked Paypal to change my account from Business to Personal account which they did but they required me again a prrof of address. As for the present situation, I have not been to my bank to ask for bank statement which would probably take a week to get them. I provided my Philheath Members Data Record with my address on the said document. After complying last October 20, 2020, I received a message "Thank you for providing the required information. We’ll get back to you within 2-3 business days." I have called the Paypal hotline and didn't get an answer! I badly needed the funds for my GCredit payment and for some other bills. Hope they can get this account limitation on my account. Hope to get more answer/solution to this issue.

Login to Me Too

KutiqueCouture
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone ever get this resolved?

Login to Me Too

3hidolly4

no, this HOES just love to steal peoples money and limit accounts for no reason, if you guys know of any other web page in which i can receive payments and i won´t get suddenly my money stolen and my **bleep**ing account closed please let me know ♥ paypal is just **bleep**

Login to Me Too

RW-Premier
Contributor
Contributor
  1. So what end up happening ?
Login to Me Too

novus2020
Contributor
Contributor

SAME SITUATION FOR ME. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.