Account limitation

Hsingh
Contributor
Contributor

My account got limited 2 years ago and was asked to submit some details, after doing so, my account limitations was still not lifted, I contacted support to ask about it. They stated I was underage at that time, so it's been permanently limited. I'll have to make a new one and Authorize paypal to delete my current account. So I replied asking paypal to delete my account but now some other person replies and says deleting my account is impossible as of now. How to resolve this, Please help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hsingh 

Permanently limited accounts cannot be closed/deleted. Have to message PayPal customers service again and explain that your account was limited due to being underage at the time and request that a new account be opened so that the same or new financial information can be used with it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hsingh 

Permanently limited accounts cannot be closed/deleted. Have to message PayPal customers service again and explain that your account was limited due to being underage at the time and request that a new account be opened so that the same or new financial information can be used with it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Hsingh
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks! They should be more clear in thier emails then, instead copy pasting the same template to everyone. Why did they ask my permission to close the account if it can't be done. Very inefficient way of doing things.
Login to Me Too

Ford11
New Community Member
Hello , I need some help please . I Am starting a hair extensions business but I live in Antigua And Barbuda which is located in the Caribbean , I want to create a website on Shopify but in order for it to work I need PayPal business however When I try to sign up for PayPal business a USA address and SSN is required and I don’t have such , how can I get PayPal business and also get verified ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.