Account limitation

ronhi
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

So a couple of weeks ago, I got a notification that I was approaching my account limit and I need to verify my identity. I went ahead and uploaded the required documents after which I was told I would hear back from PayPal after 2-3 days. 2 weeks later, I hadn't heard back. So I sent them an email and I was notified to expect a response after 24 hours. More than 24 hours later, no response has come. I am getting a bit frustrated with this especially since I now can't withdraw my funds. Does anyone know what I can do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ronhi 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ronhi 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Wal54
New Community Member

I too have been "downed" by PayPal for two months waiting for them to review and remove my account limitation. In the end it was completely their fault as they recorded my Business name with a spelling error from my supplied Legal Printed Tax documents. They have been appalingly slow to reply or help with their supposed two DAY! turn around.

Login to Me Too

Wal54
New Community Member

Feedback to your solution kernowlass,

I started within days of being notified of my account limiting by supplying an unprecedented amount of personal and business name identifications and tax and accountant letters... all to no avail two months on and still account limited. I called so much that when the customer support agent answered they went silent as they started reading the information on the screen in front of them. I had to email via a special type<removed> just to communicate with them of which I have never been replied to nor has an agent called me to follow up this mess afterwards as they promised in an email sent to me almost 3 months after the account was limited.

In the end I got a verbal admission over the phone that they had entered one of my crucial business documents with a spelling error and thus stopped my account in its tracks. To date I have had no feedback from PayPal or apology and in fact I cant message them as it looks like Im blocked, I have a screen shot to prove it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.