Account limitation

Danz17
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal and community,

I have old business account <removed> << will not show my full email ( PP-007-541-491-932), which was made in my home country UAE, I remember in this community I got help when I got scammed on 2014, I work abroad and now settled in the Philippines, so I decided to make new account personal one, it asked me to be verified, I did send ID etc,

my nightmare started last week, the new personal account got limited due issue with another account which I have no idea about, I called for hours (at least 10 hours of calls in last week and no one have clear info) I don't own account with negative balance, I explained that but no help, only hey we will look to it, yesterday my business account got limited too for the same issue,

I have over 2000$ and the claim that the negative balance of the person who used my name is -900 something, but I couldn't get the info from the agent, I keep saying that I have no idea what is that account all about, I am so frustrated to the level that I would pay the 900 to close this nightmare (which I swear I have no idea about) get my money out, close my PayPal and find new payment provider for my website that can actually offer direct support.

I even consult my corp lawyers with in the Philippines, they advice me that I can proceed to legal and file court case here, but it will take time, but they are pretty positive am going to get my money back plus their fees plus damages as law here will serve in my interest and hold PayPal transactions within the country until this resolved, I don't want that, I just want my money back! I wanted PayPal for my eBay store, but I can live without since I get treated this way.

please advise me, should I wait for PayPal to resolve this (not even sure they are aware), or pay a visit with the police to their primary contact center in the Philippines (where I will be talking to real person who might help) or just pay lawyers for the case and wait a bit to get my money with damages ?

Thank you,

Alaa

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Saber012
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the same issue here. Though the difference is yours is a business account and mine is for personal. Were you able to submit all the requirements needed for them to take it for review? 

Login to Me Too

Danz17
Contributor
Contributor
Here is the update, I paid Paypal 917 $, and only yesterday they unlocked both my personal and business account. I used my business account for 20$ payment worked, personal for 100$ cash and it got locked afterward, and they ask proof of address, I sent ACR and guess what they block me for life, and they said I would have access money after 180 days!! What the hell, I might die before the 180 days and am sure they won't send the money to my children lol.. Good luck everyone with your PayPal. Time to migrate all my operations to stripe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.